How disciples grow
- What do you think it means to “walk with God” on a day by day basis?
Knowing where to go (guidance)
- Explain the difference between God’s “revealed” will, and his “secret” will. Can you give an example of each.
- How do we learn about his revealed will? How do we learn about his secret will?
- Does God explicitly guide us in all our decision making, when the Bible is silent – for example, on which house to buy, which car to buy. How do you go about making such a decision?
- Psalm 119:105 says, “Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path”. Does this mean that all of our decisions will be easy if we study the Bible? Why/Why not? How does this verse help our decision making?
- Discuss: What if your decision turns out to be a bad one (for example the house you prayed about before buying turns out to be riddled with termites) – has God not guided you? Have you made the wrong decision? What can you learn from the outcome? Did you not pray hard enough?
Knowing what to ask (prayer)
- What is the role of prayer in our decision making?
- We were given 4 reasons for why we should pray as we make decisions: can you list them. Will they guarantee we will always make good and wise decisions? Why not?
- In the Lord’s Prayer, Jesus prays “Not my will but yours be done”. What does this mean for our prayers?
- What role do fellow Christians play in our decision making? Do we ask them to pray for us? Is there anything you need to decide and would like prayer about?