What happened when Christ appeared?
Read: Hebrews 9:24 – 28
Something big was started
- Discuss if you learnt something new or gained a fresh insight into the coming of Jesus.
- What do you understand by “something big was started” when Jesus came.
- Christians have various interpretations for “the last days”. According to Hebrews 1:1-2, what are the last days? Do we know how long they will last?
- There are some views about the return of Jesus that say “the last days” are yet to come –that there will be a time of great suffering immediately before Christ returns. What do you think of this idea in the light of Hebrews 1:1-2?
- What are the implications of the fact that we are now in “the last days”?
Something big was ended
- What did Jesus come to bring an end to?
- Discuss the difference between “forgiving” sin and “disabling/making sin powerless”? What are the implications for us today? What would have happened if Jesus had just “forgiven” our sins? (That is a wonderful thing, but is only part of the story)
- How do we deal with the times we remember and weep over sins committed in the past; sins that may have ongoing consequences?
Something big was anticipated
- What was anticipated at the first advent (coming) of Christ?
- How will his second advent be different from his first?
- Matthew 25:13 tells us to “keep watch, because we do not know the day or the hour” when Jesus will return. Give some practical examples of how we can “keep watch”.
Are you ready if Jesus returns tomorrow???