Come to me and drink – John 7:37-39
Readings: I encourage you all to read the whole of Acts 2 before the meeting.
- Spend a few minutes checking on each other and open in prayer.
- I commented in my reflection that most advertisements feed off our human thirst, our desire for something new and better. Do you agree with this?
- In John 7:37 ff Jesus is saying something extraordinary. Spend a moment imagining the setting and being a witness to these words. What would you have made of them? How would you have reacted to Jesus’s words, ‘if anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink?’
- Discuss together your thoughts on the identity of the Spirit and his role in God’s story? (We will be looking at the Trinity next week).
- Why is the Day of Pentecost so important for ‘the nations’? (Think of the way the story of God has developed over time.)
- If you’re like me, perhaps you sometimes wonder how unspiritual you are or how far you are from showing the fruits of the Spirit as God intended. Share what you find difficult in your understanding of the place of the Spirit in your life?
- Read 2 Corinthians 5:5. I’m sure you can identify with the groaning, but in what way is the Spirit the guarantee of our inheritance.
- Pray for each other, especially that the Spirit would help us grow more like Jesus.